Thursday, April 28, 2011

Starting a garden... ok.. restarting a garden

April 15th, 2011
So you wouldn't think after a full day of work on a Friday, the thing I would feel like doing is finally after many months of procrastination get my garden together. The truth is, we featured a nursery on the show, I ended up taking home two squash zucchini plants, a beautiful plant called a sky flower, and of course a lovely Mexican Lavender.
 Inspired, with a touch of pressure as temperatures are starting to warm up was the main emotion running rampant thru me. As soon as the clock hit 5 pm I hustled back towards north phoenix, stopping at home depot where I promptly bought 6 bags of soil, two mint, and three basil to supplement the struggling seedlings I had sitting on my porch waiting out my procrastination hopefully.
    After two hours of shoveling, carrying, transplanting, and carefully crafting a "bird netting" to keep my cat from using my now delicious mulch smelling fledgling started garden I sat back with a satified feeling.



April 28, 2011
I am now nearly two weeks into my gardening adventure, and I'm plagued with doubts. Am I watering too much? Is the water getting spread evenly to all my thirsty seedlings? Why are my tomato plants drooping when my mint and basil seem to be thriving??



1 comment:

  1. We have so many of the same questions! Fred has been furiously working on the watering system. Tomatoes are tricky business!

    ReplyDelete